The COVID-19 pandemic has been catastrophic for the arts, and the Northern Chamber Orchestra is no exception. While we have been able to stage some incredible, socially distanced concerts, for every seat we sell we must take four seats off sale. This is financially unviable, and we can’t continue this way for much longer.
We are therefore asking our supporters to consider making a donation to our ‘Seat Out’ campaign, to help the NCO – the North West’s oldest professional chamber orchestra – remain afloat into 2021 and beyond.
Charlie Rowley, NCO’s General Manager, said: “Your support is invaluable to us. For anyone making their living in professional music, the events of the last year have proved devastating. Your contribution will help to enable the orchestra to weather these challenging times and ensure that we are still here to continue to make music long into the future.”
A donation of any size will help keep the NCO viable, and all monies raised will go towards making our concerts and outreach work a success, while ensuring our incredible musicians are able to earn a living. For example:
- £25 could go towards the cost of hiring the Heritage Centre for a concert
- £50 could go towards the cost of hiring music for a concert
- £100 could pay one of our musicians to perform a concert for care home residents
- £150 could pay a musician to perform in a professional concert
- If 30 people contributed £10 each we could buy a set of new lights for our music stands, while if 100 people contributed £20 each we could stream one of our concerts to those who cannot attend.
Please follow the link below or visit https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/nco-seat-out to donate anything you are able. We are, as always, incredible grateful for your support. Thank you.
Gift Aid it If you’re a UK taxpayer you could increase the value of your gift by allowing us to claim back 25p for every £1 you give, at no cost to you. Please opt in during the donation process if you are eligible.